Monday, December 24, 2007

A Christmas Present







This is my first attempt at making a fondant bow. I'm happy with the way it turned out. I'm still learning a lot but I'm happy with my progress. The difficulty I found with the bow was figuring out how I would "join" the bow halves together. I made the swirls of ribbon using the ends of spatula's. It was really easy to do. My butter cream icing wasn't as smooth as I would have liked. I read a "how to" article on CakeCentral today. I'm going to try the Viva paper towel method next time. Very exciting stuff...
I made small red balls with the intention of making holly leaves on the cake instead of snowflakes but I couldn't find a holly cookie cutter so I made snowflakes...
Jen was happy with the cake and so was her mom. She called me the night Jen took it home, which was very sweet. I could tell in her voice that she was excited about the cake. I felt proud of my make, which is a good feeling.

No comments: