Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Blogger Cookie Swap 2012



I was super excited to find out about the Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap 2012 http://www.fbcookieswap.com and participated for the first time this year.  

Here’s what we did:
I received the names, websites, and addresses of three awesome food bloggers. I sent a dozen  Chocolate Caramel Cookies to each blogger, hoping that they would travel well and not be a gooey mess once they traveled across the country.  This year, the registration fee for the cookie exchange is being donated to Cookies for Kids' Cancer-a national non-profit organization committed to funding new therapies used in the fight against pediatric cancer. As a gift for registering OXO sent us all a "be a good cookie" spatula. Awesome... 

Who did I send cookies to?
What did I make?
I sent them these Chocolate Caramel Cookies, which are made from a basic Chocolate Cookie recipe, but with a twist. I added a rolo to the center of each cookie to give it a nice gooey, unexpected center.
Here is the recipe...







Who sent me cookies?
 I received these beautiful sugar cookies from Lizy B's Bakeshop-www.lizyb.com


and these awesome wafer cookies from Nerdy Baker... http://nerdybaker.wordpress.com
and... yummy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies from
 white and dorky chef- http://whiteanddorkychef.wordpress.com


I'm looking forward to next year's swap! 

3 comments:

Hmmm said...

Rolos are my absolute favorite and an underrated candy in my opinion. I would have loved to have gotten those from you! I guess I'll have to make my own :)

Deanna - Teaspoon of Spice said...

Amy - these look awesome!! I adore caramels but never have thought to added them to a cookie :) Fun to connect through the cookie swap - hope to see you in the new year!

Anne said...

Your cookies were delicious - thank you!!!

Anne @ Bakin' Friends