Saturday, February 5, 2011

Princess Lilly's Rapuzel Cake


Had the honor of making my goddaugter and oldest niece's birthday cake this weekend. She turned 7. I can't believe how old my nieces are getting.  They are such a joy. I love visiting with them.  Lilly requested a rapuzel style cake. I used rice krispie treats to make the tower. It was my first time using them and I was pretty happy with the result. They got rock hard... Like so hard they could have been a weapon. I guess that is o.k. since no one really wanted to eat the tower anyway... The rest was inspired by a cake I found on cakecentral. I still like that website even though they took some of my pictures out of the gallery since I had my blogspot address in the description.  They said it was advertising and deleted my pics. I wasn't and I am still not that happy about that...
Anyway...  Here are some pictures of the cake coming together. Enjoy






The Tower before assembly:

 Seeing the cake for the first time...
 Blowing out candles...

Lilly is a great big sister...

No comments: