Sunday, November 7, 2010

Jaclynn's Bridal Shower



I'm so excited about this cake! I have been wanting to make this design... It is for my cousin who is getting married on new year's eve.  I have the honor of making my first wedding cake for Jaclynn's wedding!!!!  I'm very excited and a little nervous but I have faith I can pull it off.  This cake design was inspired by those on cake central. I used layers of fondant to make the dress. The roses are also fondant. I sprayed the dress with a irridescent food grade spray to give it a special shine.  The cake was a hit!

Here is the cake with the crumb coat
 Added the final layer of buttercream
 Used a cut out template of the dress top and started to add layers of fondant. I didn't really follow a pattern, I would cut strips, lay them on the cake and then cut the ends off...
 Ready for the bouquet...
 Almost done...
 Finished... Yeah.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I seriously think this is my favorite design you've ever made. I got good pictures of it on mom's camera as well, some action shots!