Saturday, January 16, 2010

Australia Day



This weekend we had our annual friends christmas dinner. Denise out did herself with the theme, decorations and the food. It was yummy... It is always great to get together with our friends. This group of friends is unique in that we are all pairs of sisters. It started with my sister's three friends and then grew to include a younger or older sibling and now includes husbands and kids... We have annual trips to NY, hang out at summer picnics and are generally making our way through life together. Good times...

To go along with the Australian dinner theme I made cupcakes representing various aspects of Australia.
Here are some pictures of them coming together...

Naked Cakes:


Flags...

The multicolor base of the oprah house... Water and Sky...


The boat looking cupcakes are the Sydney Oprah House... See it now...


Cupcakes ready for transportation... The red shelf liner kept them from spilling in transit. It really worked well...


I played with some of the toys I got at the cake convention. The flowers are hydrangeas... I made 1/2 a dozen flowers with cupcakes just to test them out...




Pictures of some of the many happy little faces that got to eat cupcakes.... :)


(The red cupcake is what it looks like when Lindsey is finished... The blue is Lilly... I'm not sure why I bother making the cake... I should just bring icing and let them eat it off of spoons...)

No comments: