Monday, December 14, 2009

Hungry Hungry Lady Bug...





I made this cake for sweet little Adeleine who turned one last week. Her awesome aunt happens to be one of my cool friends so I was more then happy to help make Addie's first birthday a little extra special.
The design was borrowed from one we found on the internet (I can't find the reference at the moment- sorry I can't give full credit). The intention was a lady bug but it looked more and more like a pig or a hungry hungry hippo as the cake progressed... Oh well... It was cute none the less.

I used a pampered chef glass bowl to make the curved body of the lady bug and then cut a circle for the head out of small 6" cake. The dots and accents were fondant. Frosting was buttercream. The antenna's were flower wire I colored black (this was the non-edible part).
I love that she devoured the head! She looks like she had a great time! Happy Birthday Addie!

Naked cake

This is the cake I took the head from...

It really looked like a pig... At this point I was worried...
But once I added the fondant accents it started to look a little less like a pig...
A cute lady bug!

Singing Happy Birthday
The first few bites...

Notice the eyeball on her chin? Priceless!

Yummy Yummy!


I can't take credit for these beauties... They were beautifully decorated by Addie's loved ones in honor of her birthday. They look great! Fun and festive!

No comments: