Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Farewell and a Birthday





Today is my Boss's last day as well as a co-worker's birthday. I made two special cakes. The cake I made for Eileen, my boss, looked more like a wedding cake then a fairwell cake... oh well. I tried to make it look pretty but the rings just reminded me of wedding rings, it was too much white etc... My sister Michelle was hanging out with me tonight and encouraged me to add color to make it less wedding like... It looks better with the green. Thanks shel...
The second cake is for Tori. I've been obsessing over hydrangea's (my favorite flower) because they are in bloom know and I'm anxious to get my tree for my house... I covered a small cake with hyrandrangea leaves that set on top of a 2" deep- 6" circle cake. I also made little cupcakes and added some color and leaves to them to wrap around the side. This was good practice for the birthday cake I'm thinking about making for myself...

Here is the cake ready for transport. I used the rubber mats to keep everything in place...


My sister was hanging out with me tonight and took this shot:


No comments: