Friday, August 8, 2008

The ship has sailed...





My friend Rebecca commissioned me to make two cakes for her family's party this weekend... It's very exciting.
She sent me the following design, which she made herself (very cool!)I think I did pretty good... Of course I hate my writing on the cake but I tried...


The beauty of these cakes is Rebecca took them tonight and I can't obsess about them anymore. If this cake were still in my house right now I would have added the water- I can't believe I forgot that part!


Rebecca made a really cute paper flag pole that she is going to insert tomorrow. I'll post the final pictures once she sends them...


The ship sails were marble cake made from a 13x9 pan cake cut into the appropriate shape (what happened to the extra cake you ask... I will never tell...) The hull was vanilla cake from a 9" cake pan cut in half. It was covered in buttercream. I didn't fill this cake because it was thinner then normal cake and too difficult to cut in half. It would have crumbled to nothing...


P.S. Have you noticed the map counter in the lower right hand corner. I've had some international visitors recently which is super cool!

No comments: