Thursday, November 22, 2012

Apple Tart



I made something a little different for Thanksgiving this year.  Thanks to pinterest,  I stumbled upon these beautiful apple tarts's that looked like roses.  I knew instantly that I needed to try them.

For details on how to make the rose apple tart visit Tikkido's website here: http://tikkido.com/node/750

She provides great directions and even a video to make sure you core the apples the right way to assure you have one side of the apple slice with skin, to give the apple tart I nice rose color.

Here are some pictures of my assembly:


I did learn that I needed to microwave the apple slices for about 30 seconds in small batches to make sure they could bend as needed to wrap around each other in the tart pan...

 I added some butter and brown sugar to the bottom of the pan to give it more of a caramel flavor..
Here they are all ready to go in the oven...


Right before they went into the oven I decided to add some cinnamon and brown sugar to the top as well- Just a little bit...


 Here they are all bubbly and warm... They smelled so good and tasted great as well!




No comments: