Saturday, February 11, 2012

A Mooshi Monster Party



My oldest niece turned 8 this week.  The cake requests are getting more specific with age. This year she wanted a purple and black zebra striped cake with a Piece sign on top with Mooshi Monsters hiding behind the peace sign... Whew... No problem- I can do that!   She is really into Mooshi Monsters and entered a contest to design her own.  With her mom's help they submitted an awesome drawing into the contest. As a surprise my sister sent me the picture and I turned it into a 3-D model for her cake.  She was surprised and loved it!

Here is the cake coming together...

Cake was strawberry flavored- I made "zebra stripes" by adding some black food coloring to the batter...

 The pieces drying...




Lilly's awesome creation- Disco Dazie (I hope they win)



 Lilly and Lindsey added their Mooshi Monsters to the cake...
 Two helpers during the cake photo shoot....

Sisterly love...Happy 8th Birthday!









No comments: