Sunday, April 3, 2011

Cindy turns 40...



My big sister turned 40 this weekend. Like most people, I think my big sister is awesome... But, I'm serious- she really is... She is a great wife and mom, she keeps things running smoothly in her house and balances many different roles in life on very limited sleep (I worry about that, but she already knows that...) I have a lot of love and respect for my sister so I wanted to make her a cake that made her feel special and celebrated her big birthday. Here are pics of the assembly...

 This was my first attempt at Tulips.  Here I am cutting the gum paste
 Forming the flower on th end of the rolling pin...
 
Placed cotton balls around the outside of the flowers to help keep the petals standing straight up to dry...

 Finished drying... Now ready for the inside...




No comments: