Sunday, November 7, 2010

Baby Morgan's Shower




 Made this sophisticated baby shower cake design for a good friend's baby shower. I had this design in my "favorites" folder for a while and was hoping the right occasion would come along.  I used wilton's rose petal food coloring and it came out a little browner then I had hoped.  I also learned that even though I used the same food coloring the buttercream and the fondant are not the same color... I should have known that but another lesson learned...  Overall I was happy with the way the cake turned out.  I'm looking forward to meeting Baby Morgan!

 A naked cake... waiting for icing...

 Used imprint to trace the lettering.  Fondant flower is finished-made it using a heart cookie cutter.
 
 Lettering is finished...



Cake is assembled on site and finished...

No comments: