Saturday, October 2, 2010

Snowflakes

I know... It is just October and I shouldn't be thinking about winter yet... But I was asked to make a cake for a bridal shower with a Christmas theme and I couldn't refuse. This is the first cake I've made that has some non-edible hardware but I fell in love with the design when I was looking for ideas on cakecentral.com. Here is a link to the original.  I added some color and I couldn't figure out how to cut that large snowflake so I used the cutters I had and made some modifications to cut out the centers.   Overall I was really pleased with this cake.  To me it sophisticated and modern...

The crumb coat is down...


Inserted the wooden dowels for stability


Snowflakes are dried and sprayed with luster dust...

The finished product


No comments: