Saturday, August 28, 2010

Katie T's Baby

 
You know when you meet someone and after talking to them you feel like they have been your friend for a while... We'll that's Katie T for me... Although we don't see each other that often I feel like we have been friends forever because number one- she's super nice and number two- my friend Leigh gives me updates of what's going on in life.  Kate posted a picture of a cinnamon bun in a toaster oven as her profile picture to announce that she was pregnant.  Genius.   I used some inspiration from the invitation and recreated the baby bump. The cake was chocolate with buttercream icing with fondant accents. Here are some pics...

You may notice some alcohol behind the cake... Don't worry I didn't drink all of that while I was making the cake... I waited until after I was finished... :)
I used the image from the invitation to make cut outs in fondant.



Then I moved her to the cake...
Added some fun circles... and a brown boarder and she was good to go...


Here's the invite.  I loved the colors.

No comments: