Friday, April 30, 2010

A Princess Castle





This cake was made for my friend Jen's Twins- Emily and Madison.  They are big fan's of the Cake Boss and Jen wanted a special birthday cake for them, I was happy to supply. Jen gave me creative freedom and this is what came of it... It is buttercream with fondant accents. The turrets are ice cream cones covered in buttercream and the top are covered in purple sprinkles or jimmies... 
The water in the front is colored piping gel. I used an impression mat to make the brick imprint on the buttercream. This was a fun cake to make. Perhaps someone else will want a castle cake so I can make another one... 

Here are pictures of the cake coming together... The top ball is a little off center... oops... 


Lining up the cones

Covering the cones in buttercream, then sprinkles



The cones decorated...


More accents...





1 comment:

Michelle said...

awesome!!
The girls are just too cute!!!