Sunday, April 4, 2010

Hoppy Easter & Birthday





Today we celebrated Easter and my sister's birthday.  Good times and good food... Yummy!  I made Cindy a cute little cake to go along with the 20 other desserts that were on the table...  I also made strawberry cupcakes to add to the table as well.  I had my mom make cupcakes wrappers from her leftover scrap booking paper.  They dressed up the cupcakes nicely... Possibly mom's next craft project for the winter bazaar's... Overall a great day!

The beginning- Smoothed out buttercream icing

Used my new Funky Alphabet Cutters- Very Excited about them. You will be seeing them again...

Made the green swirly things using the clay gun.  I added gum paste to the fondant and it was 1,000 times easier to push threw... Thank goodness I discovered this trick because I was thinking I was going to have to give this tecnique up since it hurt my hand so much to use... Yeah!

Made the flowers and rolled a yellow circle for the center.  Made them pop off the cake.

The end result... Cute!
The final result...


Here are the Easter Cupcakes... Cute as well...

Mom working hard putting together the cupcake wrappers... 

No comments: