Friday, December 25, 2009

Fra-Gee-Lee





"Fra-gee-lee, that must be Italian, I think that says fragile honey".... Love this scene from the Christmas story movie and made a replica for the Shellaway family Christmas party this year. Special thanks to my sister Michelle for help with brainstorming the cake idea.

I used this cake for inspiration (stole the idea thank you Christy81071 ). The leg is white chocolate that I traced from a very rough drawing. I had a hard time getting the proportions right so it didn't look like a leg stump. I made two leg's in case one leg broke... It is always good to have a back up leg. That is what I always say...


Super cute cousins...

All the girls in one spot... (they lined up the forks- I didn't)


One layer of the cake was fresh raspberry. I thawed, pureed and strained a big bag of raspberries... Made for a really good cake!

White cake and raspberry cake cooling. I cut in half and stacked the cakes

Melting the chocolate.

Coconut prior to food coloring...

Now it is packaging material...



The leg stump...

My very rough drawing... Drawing really isn't my thing...


More pics of the lamp coming together...



The two legs... I used the one on the left because it looked a little more feminine...



Testing the legs... Which one looked better?






The inside of my refrigerator... The outlet cake is being delivered tomorrow... Will post next...

No comments: