Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Gobble... Gooble them Up!





Happy thanksgiving! I made an attempt at the Bakearella's Turkey pops. Cake balls are essentially cake and icing mixed together, formed into a ball, covered in chocolate and then decorated. They were a little harder to make then I thought, but that is usually how it goes... I used a variety of flavored candy corn I gathered at the end of Halloween season. I used chocolate writing pens to make the eyes and gobbler thing that hangs down... I used the top of a candy corn for the mouth. I created quite a mess in my kitchen but hopefully it is worth it when my nieces and family taste the turkey's...

My messy work area...


Waiting his face...




The leftover cake balls... I covered some in chocolate and sprinkles for afternoon snacks tomorrow...

Packing up the turkey's

All packed up... ready to go...


I also made potato and Ham soup for tomorrow as well... Here it is getting ready to boil...

My niece enjoying the Turkey...








1 comment:

Michelle said...

Yummy and oh so cute!