Saturday, July 4, 2009

chocolate sunflower




I made an attempt at creating the sunflower that Liv Hansen does so well in her book Whimsical Bakehouse. I have to admit I've sort of been obsessed with this sunflower. I loved it when I first saw it and wanted to give it a try. I took this cake to the family reunion/ 4th of july picinic as well... What says summer better then a sunflower? Cake was red velvet with buttercream icing smoothed with the viva paper towel method.

Outlining the sunflower with chocolate:


Finished filling in with different colors, this is the back of the sunflower:


Here is my work space- my coffee table, while watching T.V...


Side view- made little leaves to go around the edge. Was going to pipe long tubes of grass but ran out of buttercream icing and time...

No comments: