Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Grandmom is 91 and a few other cakes...





Grandmom is 91 and still kickin! Since GG's last birthday she broke her hip and has recovered! She is unbelievably strong and a bright spot for all of us in the family. She loves her family and her family loves her back!
We had a picnic to celebrate her birthday which was held on the 25th this year instead of the once believed date of May 15th (long story... but the correct date is the 25th)...
I made a roses cakes. You will see a theme in my upcoming cakes as well.











I'm being lazy and blogging about a few other cakes I made this past week.
I had a green themed potluck networking event to attend and wasn't sure what to make. I only had a few minutes so I squirted a bunch of grass on some cupcakes and added a simple flower. They were a hit, although they look horrible in this picture...



Next up was a PADA meeting . I don't often get a chance to take a picture of some of the dietitians I work with through the association. This was a special group of hard workers who put together a fantastic meeting. It really was a pleasure working with everyone...





This cake should look really familiar by now... The color changes slightly but I made a few more roses for my co-worker's last day at work. I don't have a picture from the event because I wasn't in work today, but I was able to get a cake to the party...

No comments: