Saturday, May 16, 2009

Dad's 65th





To celebrate the milestone of my Dad's 65th birthday mom organized a family dinner at a restaurant in Emmaus. Dad was surprised by the guest list which included his fishing friends. They are all sporting their fishing tans already and it's only the end of may. Shad fishing just ended so they got their base tan for the rest of the summer...
I made dad another version of a fish cake... Model some fondant into some sort of fish. I used a glass jar I had in my cabinet that make a wide mouthed fish. I brushed pipping gel and silver dust on the fish and tail to give it a little more detail. I attempted to make a frozen butter cream transfer of the Cabela's logo. It got a little mushy because i thought it was falling off and pressed wax paper against it after it had melted. Note to self... don't do that again...

here are some more pics:






This is the cake prior to getting ready to be packed up. I didn't add the head or the tail until I got to Emmaus because I didn't want them to fall apart...





1 comment:

Rebecca said...

So cute and creative! I love it!