Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Diane's Farewell


A Victorian Tea Garden (or something like that...)
Naked Cakes :)


Another co-worker is leaving... Diane is moving on to bigger and better things in the " MW" that's Mid-West for those not in the know... :)
Diane is one of those people in your life that makes you feel richer just for knowing her. Not monetary rich but rich in friendship and life. I don't want to get too sad but I'm going to miss her positive spirit in the office and in the lunch room...

I wasn't able to attend the work party they had for Diane today but I wanted to contribute. Diane likes her caffeine. The theme of the party was Tea or most things caffeinated, so I made some cupcakes for the tea party...

The cake flavor is strawberry ( added 10oz pureed fresh strawberries, 1/2 c. applesauce, 2 eggs and a little bit of water to a box of white cake mix). Made mini and regular sized cupcakes and covered them with buttercream flowers. The inspiration came from Janek on cakecentral. I have issues with roses and this attempt was just as frustrating as previous attempts. The buttercream I was using wasn't stiff enough. The centers kept falling over when I was adding the leaves. A few fell off the nail as I was making them... I've been playing with fondant a lot recently and haven't really made a lot of buttercream flowers. I'm hoping to change this... I found a few new videos on Utube and will be practicing on future cakes.

No comments: