Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July



Happy 4th. Made this cake for a family picnic.

It's buttercream with marshmallow fondant accents. Cake flavor was vanilla.

I made stings of blue and white fondant and rolled them together to get the varied colors of the flowers which were cut from a gum past daisy mold. I was going to try to figure out a cake topper that stood up on the cake to make it a little more dramatic (which would have impressed my brother) but ran out of time and energy. For the next family cake, I'll give that a try...

Overall, ate too much food and had a great time hanging out with my family...

2 comments:

Theodore Ruxpin said...

Do you think you could make a cake that looked like Teddy Ruxpin? I'm sure you could, you're real talented. Your cakes are almost as beautiful as you are.

-Theodore Ruxpin

CakeStar said...

Teddy, If you come to Philadelphia I'll make you a special Teddy Ruxpin cake!