Sunday, June 8, 2008

Sponge Bob





Here it is, a Sponge Bob Square Pants cake and it isn't for a child... It's for a principal who is retiring from one of the schools I work with. The food service staff at the school is putting together a special good bye for the principal and I wanted to contribute a cake. I'm happy with the way he turned out but he took a lot of time... I think a frozen buttercream transfer would be a better way to go next time.

The base is Buttercream and the sponge bob is marshmallow fondant that i made this morning. It was easier to work with today vs the previous time I made it but it still needed a lot more powdered sugar as I worked with it.

I added brown sugar and a few water plants, I could have done more but I was running out of time. I also didn't want to mess up the cake by writing on it so I made a paper banner.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Oh my goodness I love the Spongebob! He has so much character, it is really cute. You are getting better and better and it's awesome!
there are a lot of people leaving your work! That stinks.