Friday, February 22, 2008

Baby Cake-Giraffe








This cake was made for a co-worker Juli. She is going to be an aunt soon and the baby shower is this weekend. This cake is using the special icing I made for the Frozen buttercream transfer and it didn't really work any differently then the regular Wilton icing. I'm happy with the way this turned out except for the visible lines in the background. Instead of using tip3 I used tip103 to fill in the green background. I'm glad I switched because it made a more informed background, but I would like to figure out how to get it to be a flat image.

If I were do this cake again, I would have made the cake icing purple with white strips similar to the invite. I was too tired to do it last night... Overall, I'm happy with this cake! As a thank you, Juli made me my favorite cookies- oatmeal chocolate chip. They are much appreciated! I do need to increase my mileage to number 1- start seriously preparing for the Allentown half coming up way too quickly and number 2- to work off all the icing and cookies I've been eating!

Here is a picture of the Mom to Be with the cake!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

The giraffe is so cute!! It looks just like in the invitation.
Awesome job on all your cakes.